2017 Tournament Rules
- ALL STATE, FEDERAL MUST BE FOLLOWED
- APPLICAPLE IGFA TOURNAMENT RULES APPLY (download here)
- Lines in no earlier than 3 PM on Friday, Jun 16, 2017. Lines out by 11 AM on Saturday, June 17, 2017. (for hooked fish prior to 11 AM may notify committee)
- No Live Bait Penned/Live welled or caught before start of the tournament allowed
- All fish must be caught between in legal water from the northern tip of Thatcher’s Island and to the Southern edge of Nahant and East as far as the EEZ. – (GPS tracking may be requested of winners)
- Official weigh in will be between 11 AM and 1 PM on Saturday, June 17th at Glover Wharf in Beverly. (Fish may be brought by car in coolers. (All verification rules still apply.)
- All fish must be hooked during tournament fishing hours (fish hooked prior to the 11 AM deadline must be radio into tournament directors)
- All weighed-in fish must have a picture with official tournament sticker. Tokens will be available at the Captains meeting or can be picked up from committee members prior to the start of the tournament.
- (UPDATED June 16 following captains meeting: The Captain’s and Angler’s divisions will be combined into one Open division this year)
- All participants need to sign a waiver. You can pick them up at the captains meeting or download it here and either scan or take a photo and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. No waiver, no entry.
- All participants must have valid MA saltwater Fishing License
- All persons on a boat participating must pay an entry fee – No “unpaid spectators”
- All fish weighed in must have completed registration, paid fees, and signed and insurance waiver
- Minimum size of fish to weigh is 30”: Striped bass are measured from the tip of the snout or jaw (mouth closed) to the farthest extremity of the tail. The discard of dead legal sized striped bass is unlawful. The practice of high-grading, whereby legal sized striped bass are released in favor of larger fish caught subsequently is unlawful. Accordingly, it is also unlawful to keep a striped bass alive in water by attaching a line or chain to the fish, or placing it in a live well or holding car. Striped bass must be kept whole, meaning the head, tail, and body remain intact.
- Winners may be subject to affidavit, GPS and fish inspection
- The first tiebreaker will be length (longest wins), Second will be time of weigh in (earliest to latest) and third will be coin flip. All decisions of the committee are final
- Rules may be added prior to Captain’s meeting to ensure a fair event
- ****Alcohol is not permitted on Glover Wharf***** (*We will provide complementary beer at the AFTER PARTY to registered guest over 21)